Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Spring Shadowbox - by Tonya Gibbs

 
Hi everyone, I hope your week is off to a great start. With the weather so frigid everywhere, I wanted to create something that reminded me of spring.  I dug through some old photos and found this 5x7 of my niece Averie, and a 9x9 Shadowbox that I've been hoarding. 
 
 
It all started with a mixed media tag. I bought some of the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft glaze and wanted to experiment with it.  I love to experiment on tags, and then I try to make something with the tag.   On this tag, I used modeling paste and a stencil to get the hexagons.  Then painted the entire card with a soft green paint. Then I mixed the glaze with a gold colored acrylic, wiped it across the entire tag. Waited a few minutes then used a baby wipe to clean it off. The glaze actually stayed in the recessed areas, and helped to provide shadows on my tag.    I then started playing with some of the left overs from other Marion Smith projects, and used Marion's Hot Air Balloon stamp to create a pattern for the balloon on the tag.  The little girl and the saying was cut from the Mad Tea Party collection. 

 
Since the saying talks about seeds that grow I decided to build a little garden scene for my little girl to stand.   I used a vine as my base, then made a few flowers to cover the vine.
 
I removed the glass from the shadow box, and built my floral spray to spill out over the frame's edge.  I stitched together some punched scraps from Marion's Mad Tea Party line to create the banner that I placed across the top of the frame.
 
 
 
I just love how this frame turned out, and it is going to look fabulous on my wall. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion