Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Embellishment Tutorial Part 2 by Tonya Gibbs

Hi everyone, I hope your weekend is off to a great start. A few weeks ago I shared with you a project on making wooden ticket embellishments that coordinate with your paper collections.  Today I want to share with you another idea for embellishing your projects. 
 

 
 
Remember playing with Shrink plastic when you were kid?  I think I made charms in Vacation Bible School for 5 straight years (LOL).  Well here is a grown up project you can make using Marion's super awesome Curious Stamp Set.

I started with Poly Shrink Plastic by the Lucky Squirrel. You can use any brand just make sure it is clear if you want your roses to appear like glass. 

 
 
I used the rose & butterfly stamps from the from the Curios set. Stamp them using a permanent ink like Staz-on, or Archival Jet Black Ink from Ranger.
 
 
 
On the OPPOSITE side that you stamped, color the image with a permanent marker. Don't color on the side that you stamped or it will ruin your marker nib.  I used my Copic markers, but no need to worry about shading. The color becomes concentrated when they shrink, so the shading disappears.
 
 
Cut out your Shape.  Remove all negative space, but make sure you keep a thick border in the delicate stem area.   Here is what my Rose looks like when I cut it out. Notice that I colored outside the lines and made my stems a bit thicker.
 
 
Now grab a pair of tweezers, a heat source and start shrinking.  (The plastic will curl as it shrinks, but no worries, keep shrinking it will straighten out). 
 
 
The image shrinks to a 1/3 of the original size.  Once the image is cool enough to touch, I molded the leaves to give them some interest.
 
  
 
Use Glossy Accents or E6000 to adhere the charms to your projects. 
 
 
To show you how beautiful they are on a project,  I created this layout of my amazing parents using Marion's Garment District collection.  I love how tiny the butterflies turned out, and think the roses appear like glass and offer a nice touch of elegance to the layout.  
 
 
 
Here are the supplies from Marion's Garment District that were used to create this layout.
 
 
For more awesome projects using Marion's designs make sure to visit the Design Team's blog at http://www.marionsmithdesigns.blogspot.com 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion