Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, February 21, 2014

7GYPSIES Disney Travel Mini

Last year I  took a trip to Walt Disney's Epcot & Animal Kingdom in Orlando, Fl., and I wanted to create a journal style mini album that could capture not only the pictures of the "aha" inspiring landscape, but my thoughts and notes.  I wanted to make it like a travelogue that had gone along the journey with me - eclectic and worn - gypsy style.
 
7Gypsies Travel line was perfect for my base papers and a bit "non - traditional" for Disney style books. I gathered up several lines of 7Gypsies ephemera, tapes, charms, and stamps, threw in some Canvas Corp tags, recipe cards, and clothes pins. Grabbed some essential Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and the book was born.  The finished book size is 4.5 x 6 which is great for standard sized photos.
 
 
 
 
 
As an added accent, I also created circle and tab tags in Photoshop to accent the folders. I love how things stick out from the margin, and entice you to turn the page. I also did a lot of hand written journaling in this book. My handwriting may not be perfect to me, but I think it really adds character to the book.
 
 
I often spell Gorgeous "Gorjuss" when I text or type it on Facebook, so I wanted my accent in the upper left to reflect the "Tonya" spelling. This adds a little bit of my character to the details. In the bottom right hand corner of the page above there is a clay piece that says "Air Mail". This was created with air dry clay and a 7Gypsies stamp! 
 
 
 
In the photos above and below, I used scraps from 7Gypsies papers to create interesting flags and banners. I love how these pop, and add a feminine accent to the pages.
 
 
 
Doodling with a white gel pen, adds a even more interest. Some of my doodles are loops and some faux stitching. Love how it helps to soften the dark background.
 



 

 
In this spread above - I use recycled clear plastic packaging to create a signature divider.  I used Tim Holtz's distress paint in Firebrick to create a design on the plastic.  I love how you can see the garden photo below, and it gives a degree of depth to the spread.
 

 
 
When traveling don't forget to take photographs of signs.  They are everywhere, and when printed on card stock, they turn into cute ephemera pieces.  Like the sign that is in the bottom right of the photo above was in a flower garden and says "Epcot Springs into life."  The sign below that says "Thanks for Noticing Me" was on a sidewalk path.  When traveling to national parks, the signs often give historical facts, directions, and wildlife details. A photograph is a great way to remember these details for your journals, mini albums and scrapbook pages.

 

 

Nowhere but Disney could you wake up in America and visit 9 different countries before sundown. I literally traveled the entire world in 2 days!     This was such an inspiring journey!  I love all the elements poking out of the margins, giving a "Gypsy" feel to my finished book.


Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion