Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Radiant Orchid Mixed Media Card

  
 
 
  
Pantone has announced that its 2014 color of the year is Radiant Orchid.  Well I have to admit, purple is not usually my first choice, but I do think the color makes a powerful statement when used properly.  So I thought I would use this opportunity to challenge myself.
 
When I feel like I'm in a rut, I love to use things that I don't normal use - like radiant purple. It helps to stimulate my creativity and gives me a fresh perspective. 
 
I created this dragonfly card using some old Prima product and a few mixed media techniques.   Something old with something new is always my plan for eliminating clutter!  Back at Christmas time I shared with you my new love for glitter nail polish on embellishments.  Isn't it gorgeous on these flower centers? 

 
Tomorrow I will share with you a video tutorial on how I created the dragonfly with the Die-Namites flowering tree die. 

If you decide to create with these colors, please share your projects with me on Facebook.  I would love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping in today!
Tonya

Card Resources:
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - Timeless Lilac
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - Popsicle
  • Die-Namite Dies - Flowering Tree
  • Prima Chalk - Teal Damask
  • Prima Chalk - Pastel Blue
  • Prima Chalk - Olive Vine
  • Prima 6x6 paper pad - Alla Prima
  • Prima Flowers - Wildflowers Pillar Pack Collection
  • Prima 6x6 paper pad - Almanac
  • Fiskars Simple Stick Cling Rubber Stamp Sheet - All Year Cheer
  • Heidi Swapp -  Color Shine - Gold Lame
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle
  • Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz - Cling Mounted Rubber Stamp Set - Ultimate Grunge
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Marker - Shaded Lilac
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Marker - Shabby Shutters
  • Ranger Ink - Utee
  • Black Sharpie Marker
  • Burlap scrap
  • Clear Gold Glitter Nail Polish
  • Martha Stewart Crafts - Crafter's Clay Collection - White Clay
  • Cameo Setting Frame Silicone Mold

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tonya,

    I'm with you; purple wouldn't be the first color that I'd use. It works well with your card and the dragonfly though. How clever of you to use glitter nail polish-- perfect!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I find that colors like this are best left to flower blossoms ;)

      Delete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion