Hey bloggers - welcome to day 3 of the #LoveSummerArt collaborative project with YouTube Artists around the WORLD! The event runs from July 17 - 20th. To find these artist, just type #LoveSummerArt in your YouTube search bar.
This is a super fun way for you to discover new artists on YouTube, and be inspired by their work. All genres of art are participating - Exciting Right!
Today I would like to share with you a mixed media card. This design is super simple, and could easily be duplicated to create a colorful set of cards for a gift.
This is also a great way to use those Gelli Arts® Gelli Prints® that we have been doing the last few months in our Ustream classes. I used one for die-cutting out the Fancy Flip Flops Die from Die-Versions.Isn't it just adorable as the center piece for my card?
I typed the sentiment in a word processor and cut it into a fish tail banner. The fonts that were used were: KG Only Human Reg (Life is better in ) & SA Cinta Normal (Flip Flops).
Here is a quick process video showing how I created the card.
Don't forget to head over to YouTube and see what other artists are doing with #LoveSummerArt. Check back tomorrow I will have a Mixed Media Canvas to share.
Save The Date: Our next Ustream is scheduled for August 3, 2015 at 8:30 p.m. EST
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Glass Bead Glitter Gel
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Whipped Spackle
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gelatos® - Snow Cone
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gelatos® - Aqua Dolce
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gelatos® - Butterscotch
- Scrap of Background Paper from Mono Printing
- Lindy's Stamp Gang - Glitz Spritz - Blazing Sun
- Prima - Daisy flowers
- Manila Cardstock
- Bazzill Canvas Texture Cardstock - Peacock
- Die-Versions Dies - Flowering Flip Flops
- We R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
- Fonts: KG Only Human Reg & SA Cinta Normal
- Silhouette Pick Me Up Tool