Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Amazing Heart Layout Tutorial

 
Hi everyone, I hope you are having a great day!   I have a super cute mixed media layout to share with you today using lots of YUMMY Blue Fern Studios' products.    For today's layout I selected these beautiful papers from the new Love Story Collection.
 
 
Amazing Heart
 
 
Calling Cards
 
 
I don't think beautiful begins to describe these papers.  They are a really nice heavy stock and hold up well to wet mediums, and heavy embellishments.  The patterns are so romantic. I used the papers today to scrapbook a photo of my sweet niece Austyn. 
 
I selected these lovely Paisley & Vine Coordinating Chipboard pieces from Blue Fern Studios to play center stage in my embellishment cluster. 
 
 
As you can see from the photo below they work fantastic in your embellishment clusters to add texture, and weight without adding a lot of bulk.
 
 
I covered them in Crackle Texture Paste.  Then painted them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Rudolph's Nose Red, and Edelweiss Moss Green. Since the paste has a bit of silicone it did resist the pigment.  If you do this technique, remember to choose dark colors.   The center of the flowers were removed and the holes were filled with hot glue to keep it elevated. This gives my flowers more depth.  Then I used a Wink of Stella Gold Glitter pen to give them more pop and a hint of sparkle. The entire piece was also distress with Tim Holtz' Tea Die Distress Ink to make them ore vintage looking, and bring out the crackle.  
 
 
For added texture around the layout, I used white embossing powder and the brick patterned stamp from Blue Fern Studios' Autumn Anthology Line -  Essentials Texture.  The stamping offers a great foundation for my embellishment cluster and framing.
 
 
For the embellishment clusters, I tucked in pieces of lace, lace applique flowers, organza roses, and mulberry lilies.   I also used a few Tim Holtz remnant rubs to add a few butterflies.  These black elements help to bring the black from the background up into the foreground, and help ground the elements.   Every good embellishment cluster needs a little metal.  So I mimicked the patterned paper and added an arrow, crown, heart and key.  The arrow helps to draw your eye back to the photo.  Since all these pieces were different finishes,  I added gesso to them to help them look cohesive.   To finish off the layout I created a mixture of Glossy Accents, silver German glass glitter, and clear beads then tucked it into the shadows, and  odd transitional areas around the base of the layout.  This offers a sophisticated sparkle. 
 
Here is a video showing you the step by step process
 

 
 
I think this is one of my all time favorite layouts.   I absolutely adore this paper collection. You will probably see me use it quite a bit!   I love how my photo just pops against the softer colors.  The Layout has lots of  details, but is not over done! 
 
Thank you for stopping in today.  I hope you have a learned a few new techniques.
 
Tonya
 
Supplies:
 
  • Blue Fern Studios - Love Story - 12 x 12 paper Amazing Heart 
  • Blue Fern Studios - Love Story - 12 x 12 paper Calling Cards 
  • Blue Fern Studios - Coordinating Chipboard - Paisley & Vine 
  • Blue Fern Studios - Autumn Anthology - Essentials Texture Stamps 
  • Ranger Ink - White Embossing Powder 
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Tea Dye 
  • Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Glossy Accents 
  • Ranger Ink - #10 Manila Tag 
  • Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Adornments - Arrows 
  • Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Adornments - Heart & Crown 
  • Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Remnant Rubs - Botanical 
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Spray - Rudolph's Nose Red 
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Spray - Edelweiss Moss Green 
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs - Tres Chic - Chateau Rose 
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs - Tres Chic - CafĂ© au Lait 
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs - Neon Graffiti - Sidewalk Chalk 
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gesso 
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gel Medium 
  • Versa Ink Pad 
  • Silhouette Pick Me Up Stick
  • Rhinestone 
  • Zig - Wink of Stella Gold Glitter Pen 
  • Prima Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Glass Beads Crystal 
  • Prima Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Glass Glitter Sterling 
  • Prima Finnabair - Texture Paste - White Crackle 
  • Tissue Paper 
  • Cherry Lynn Designs - Heart Doily Die Cut 
  • Lace 
  • Maya Road - White Organza Rose Trim 
  • Lace Applique Flowers 
  • Metal Key
  • Seam Binding

3 comments:

  1. Tonya, you KNOW I love alllll of your craftiness! This is just about the "sweetest" thing!!! I don't do layouts, but this is just gorgeous! Total inspiration for a journal page! All of those elements were just eye candy and your compilation was gorgeous! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Tonya! We have featured your stunning layout on the Blue Fern Studios blog today.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion