Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, November 13, 2015

Christmas Card - Money or Gift Card Holder

 
 
Hi everyone!  I hope you are getting into the Holiday spirit over here this week.  Today I would like to share with you a card tutorial for sharing a gift card, or money with that extra special someone. 
 
Today's card concept is intended for the mail.  I wanted a little more space than offered by the traditional A2 card size, so I decided on a standard #10.   The back panel of the card measures 7in x 8.5 in   scored and folded at 3.5 in x 8.5 in.   The front panels are then cut a quarter inch smaller to leave a bit of a border. The card will fit in a standard #10 (letter/business size)  envelope. As you can see from the photo above the card's design is still relatively flat, so you could easily mail this card.  However because of its weight, you may be required to add additional postage.
 
 
For today's project I chose the new Christmas Collection from Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - Noel 12x12 paper.  I trimmed the design from the front of the paper, and used the b-side as a background for the front and inside panels of my card.  Before cutting down your panels, be sure to fussy cut the pattern for the cover.
 
 
I also used the Merry Christmas title from the Greeting Cards Cut apart paper.
 
 
 
 
 
To add depth to the front, I chose the Coordinated Chipboard Frolic Mesh.  As you can see in the photo below. It made the perfect trellis for my flower cluster.   I wanted to keep it natural colored, so I added a bit of clear Holographic embossing powder from Ranger to it. This gives it a wet shimmer but maintains the look of wood.  I also added a bit of "fake" snow to some of the centers of the designs.  
 


 

This time of year, there are all kinds of things you can find to add shimmer and fun to your holiday paper crafting projects.   I found this cluster of wired beads that also made the perfect "holly berries"  They look really great mixed in with my flowers.  For the Holly, I used some scrap pieces of Gelli Prints® that I had made over the summer and a Martha Stewart Holly Punch. 
 
 
 
I thought adding a sentiment to the card would take away from the word Noel that was already printed.  However, the printed Noel seemed lost among all the other elements.  So I decided to use a small Melissa Frances frame to call attention to the word.  I colored the frame with a gold Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and finished it off with Glossy Accents in the center.  Now my sentiment takes center stage!  
 
 
 
For the Inside pocket of the card, I needed to keep the design flat.  So I simply created a banner with a Marvy Pennant Punch and Jenny Bowlin Blue Ribbon Punch using scraps from the paper.   I also took a sentiment from the Greeting Cards paper from Blue Fern Studios to add the sentiment. 
 
 
 
Here is a quick process video showing how I created the card. 



You can see why I have fallen in love with these papers from Blue Fern Studios. The designs are so delish!  I just love vintage traditional Christmas patterns.   I hope I have inspired you to spend a little extra time on that special person in your life whom you plan to gift money or a gift card this Christmas.

Thanks for stopping in today.

Tonya

Supplies

  • Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - Noel 12 x12 Paper
  • Blue Fern Studios - Vintage Christmas - Greet Cards  12x12 Paper
  • Blue Fern Studios - Coordinating Chipboard - Frolic Mesh
  • Ranger Ink - Glossy Accents
  • Melissa Francis - Resin Frames
  • Martha Stewart - Holly Punch
  • Fiskars - Jenni Bowlin - Blue Ribbon Punch
  • Marvy - Pennant Punch
  • Scotch - ATG adhesive
  • Tombo Mono Adhesive
  • My Favorite things - Doily Die
  • Cheese Cloth
  • Zig - Gold Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
  • Home Accents - Red Glass Bead Spray
  • Flowers
  • Chipboard
  • Red Cardstock
  • Home Accents - Christmas Fake Snow

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful papers, and I love what you did with them, Tonya. Loved the video, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion