Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Sea Side Mixed Media Tag

 
Oh my I'm having so much fun creating tags lately.    Today I want to share with you my latest tag. The Sea Side theme was inspired by cleaning my room -  believe it or not!   I ran across the Nantucket stamp set from Pink Paislee and was reminded that I've always wanted to use the sea horse from the stamp set. 
 
 
This stamp set has been discontinued, however, I encourage you to look through your stash and find a stamp set that you have rarely if ever used, and center a tag around one of the images in the set.
 
 
 
 
I chose these three Lindy's Stamp Gang colors to color my tag.   Top to Bottom:  Glory of The Seas Gold, Cosmopolitan Pink, and Tiffany's Blue.  
 
 
 
 
 
For texture I used Ranger's Crackle Medium on my sea horse.  Isn't he gorgeous propped up against my flowers?   I also used Faber Castell Design Memory Crafts® Textural Accent - Glass Bead Glitter Gel to give the illusion of sea sprays.   I love how the glitter reflects in the light. Pools of water were added with Glossy Accents.
 
 
 
I look at tags as the ultimate creative play. The small space can be really challenging, and push my creative juices.  I rarely do journal pages, instead I use tags to  experiment with mediums and techniques.
 
Here is a process video of me creating the tag.
 

 
 
It is so fun to see all those tiny scraps come together to create such beautiful tags.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya
 
 
Supplies:
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®  Gelatos® Steampunk collection Iced Chai
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®  Gelatos® Double Scoops® Snowcone
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pen Nougat #178
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Textural Accents Gel Medium
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Textural Accents Gesso
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Glory of the Seas Gold
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Cosmopolitan Pink
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Tiffany's Blue
  • Pink Paislee Nantucket Stamps
  • Tim Holtz - Sizzix  Tag & Bookplate Die
  • Ranger Ink - Crackle Accents
  • Ranger Ink - Glossy Accents
  • Ranger Ink - Wendi Vecchi - Potting Soil Archival Ink
  • Hero Arts - Friendship Message
  • Stampendous - Mica Flakes Gold
  • Christmas Tree hook
  • Prima Flowers
  • eyelet trip
  • Twine
  • Shells
  • EK success Labels Punch
  • Cotton Netting
  • Garment Pin
  • Brass Anchor Charm
  • Clear Sequins
  • Micro Beads
  • We Are Memory Keepers Large Eyelet
  • Chipboard
  • Cardstock
  • Geli Roll Pen - Black
  

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project share. Please use the following handles in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:
INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs | TWITTER: @gibbst #FollowingTonyaGibbs | FACEBOOK: Tag Tonya Gibbs #FollowingTonyaGibbs

5 comments:

  1. So, so pretty Tonya. Thanks for sharing this with us! Sue (ICWIC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You know I am drawn to anything that is beachy so this could not be more perfect in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag, great job explaining your process as well! love! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion