Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mixed Media Tag



I just LOVE mixed media tags. I love to create them, I love to get them and I love to share them.  This is one of my favorite ways to use scraps, and experiment with new techniques.  When I created this tag, I gave myself  two little challenges.
  1. ONLY USE THE OLDER PRODUCTS 
 

 
This was easy enough -  I really don't think there was a single item on this tag that was new!   I used old Rub-ons that are so old they were cracking (LOL)  It is time for them to go!   And all the other products with exception of the mediums and pearls were found in a bucket of scraps on my desk!

 
 
2.  Do something new!    -   I wanted to experiment with different sized pearls and adding them to my floral sprays.  So I decided to use the Glass Bead Glitter Gel from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.  You can see the micro beads from the Glass Bead Glitter Gel adding additional texture to the larger pearls.  LOVED this technique!   They remind me a little of grapes, and may consider that with a grape fine spray in the future! 
 
I just love this transparency that I printed several years ago when I took the Rhonna Designs' 21 Day challenge in 2010.   I added Patina Alcohol Ink to the back so that the lettering was easier to read.

 
This little Nylon butterfly has been around for a long time. I just keep putting him back in the bucket.  Now he has a cozy place to sit!
 
I have prepared a process video of me creating the tag.
 

 
Here is the finished tag!  Isn't it GORGEOUS!
 
I love how this tag looks like rusted metal.  The Patina effect is simply gorgeous!  There is a ton of texture, and so much eye candy here!
 
Remember to Save the Date - Our next Ustream will be October  6 at 8:30 p.m. EST.  I hope you can join me.  I plan to do some chalkboard art! 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya
 
Supplies:
 
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz®  - Alterations Collection - Movers and Shapers Die - Tag and Bookplates
  • Tim Holtz® Idea-ology® Findings  Adornments – Charm Pack
  • Tim Holtz® Idea-ology® Pearl Baubles
  • Prima flowers & Leaves
  • Prima Cotton Fabric Tape
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Textural Accents - Gesso
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Textural Accents - Glass Bead Glitter Gel
  • Dry Wall Tape
  • Ranger Ink - Adirondack Earthtone Dye Ink Reinker Butterscotch
  • Ranger Ink - Alcohol Ink Vintaj Patinas
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Tiffany Blue
  • Tsukineko Staz-On Ink Refills Black
  • Small Tag
  • Charm
  • Garment Pin
  • Nylon Butterfly
  • Marion Smith Designs Junque & Gems Metal Filigree
  • Seam Binding
  • Rub On Letters
  • Music Note Stamp
  • Viva precious Metal Gold Paint
  • We Are Memory Keepers Large Eyelet Black
  • Rhonna Designs 21 Day Challenge Art Quote
  • Loose pearls (2 sizes)

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project share. Please use the following handles in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:
INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs | TWITTER: @gibbst #FollowingTonyaGibbs | FACEBOOK: Tag Tonya Gibbs #FollowingTonyaGibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion