Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Birthday Card and Die-Namites May Challenge

Happy Mother's Day -  I hope you have an amazing day today!
I've created a card using the sketch from the May Sketch & Dare Challenge.






Have you submitted your project for the Die-Namites May Sketch & Dare challenge?  
Don't let the time get away from you! 


http://www.die-namitesblog.com/2014/05/mays-sketch-challenge-dienamites-dare_5.html

Rules can be found here!  What are you waiting for?  

 You have until the last day of the month to post your creation on your blog,
with mention of the Die~Namites Die used and a link back to the Die~Namites Dies blog.
Link your blog post, using Inlinkz, to the Die~Namites Die blog.

 A random winner will be chosen from eligible participants for a
$25 Gift Certificate to the Die~Namites Dies.


Here is a glimpse at the sketch.



For today's card I used three dies from Die-Namites 








The Spring Doily is so delicate and creates the perfect background for my floral spray.  I used standard weight copy paper to cut the doily so that it would remain soft and light weight. 

Before die-cutting my Winter Bouquet flowers, I Pre-Gessoed the cardstock.  Then used my Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft pens to color them.   I love how they look variegated in yellow, orange and pink.  To smooth the colors together, I spritz them and the focal point flower with the Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold Lume!  (YES, I'm still on a midas kick). 





I cut the branches off the Leafy Branch and adhered them around a glue dot in multiple layers to create the flower in the focal point of my card.  To finish off all of my flower centers I added a Webster's Pages Sparkler.





I love how my focal flower mimics the same shape as the sunflowers in the Winter Bouquet Die.
I can't wait to see what you create with this sketch challenge and dare.


Thanks for stopping in today,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion