So how does this make your scrapbooking digital? Well, with the introduction of the smart phone, came apps. I know I spend a lot of time in apps like Instagram, Pixlr, PicsArt, PSTouch, and now for the iPhone users you have Rhonna Farrer's new photo editing app. All of these apps give you the ability to add cool filters like lighting effects, boken lights, sun rays, text, and frames right to the photo. I spend hours sometimes playing with those filters. It's like video games for adults! Well, before the phone apps were popular we used to do those same things in photo editors and call the photos "hybrid". These things make your photos more interesting, or at least help cover up really bad photos!
Today, I want to share a layout that uses some of these photos, right from my Instagram account.
This layout is dedicated to the awesome friends I've made through YouTube and Facebook. These women have really captured my heart over the past few years, and it felt so awesome to meet them face to face.
My photos are printed 2 inches by 2 inches, and when I cropped them, I made them look like little Polaroid shots. They are ADORABLE. Each photo is sporting a different photo effect courtesy of the above mentioned apps. Oh best part - you don't have to be a professional photographer for swanky photos anymore - the apps do it for you!
In the past year, I've found that my phone really captures my day to day activities more than my camera. Why? Probably because it is always in my hand, and the ability to share is easier.
Printing my Instagrams for my scrapbooking projects is easy. My printer has a wireless feature, and I think there is an app for that too! A lot of online photo processing places now have apps for loading your instagrams and printing them as well. Project life and 365 Photo projects are common ways these have found their way into the paper crafting world. I'm not only taking more photos, but I'm sharing way more photos than I did two years ago thanks to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Path, and Pinterest.
How are you using your phone in your scrapbooking work flow? I would love to hear about it, please share a project with me in the Artsy Addicts group on Facebook. Make sure you Tag me in the photo!
- Recollections - Decorative Tape - Yellow flowers, Blue Flowers
- Bella Blvd - Decorative Tape - Cotton Candy Chevron
- Canvas Corp - Pink and Ivory Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Ribbon Stripe
- Canvas Corp - White & Kraft Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Chevron
- Canvas Corp - Black & Kraft Collection 12 x 12 Paper - Stamped Alpha
- Canvas Corp - Green and Ivory Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Dot Reverse
- Canvas Corp - Brights Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Yellow and White Big Stripe
- Canvas Corp - Mini Clothespins - Raspberry
- Copic - Sketch Marker - B00
- Staedtler - 102 Stencil
- Prima - Chalk - Old Rose
- Advantus - Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Tiny Attacher with 100 Tiny Staples
- EK Success - Border Punch - Notebook
- FabScraps - Pearls - Bling - White
- My Mind's Eye - Sky's the Limit Collection - Decorative Tape
- Faber-Castell - Mix and Match Collection - Color Gelatos - Yellow, Blue, Pink
- Silhouette Cameo - Electronic Cutting System
- American Crafts - Studio Calico - Wood Veneer Pieces - Speech Bubbles
- American Crafts - Studio Calico - Wood Veneer Pieces - Cameras
- Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations Collection - Bigz Die - Die Cutting Template - Picture Wheel
- Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - Maya Blue
- Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - Cherub Pink