Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Altered Notebook - Marion Smith Designs Nirvana Collection

Wow - It has already been a week since I was appointed on Marion's Design team, and I'm still pinching myself.  Our first challenge was to alter a notebook, book, or binder in honor of back to school.  I was so excited to use her New Nirvana printed lines that will be shipping to retailers in just a few weeks. 
 
For my project I decided to alter a three ring notebook.  I'm a total list maker, so I thought this would be a great tool to have around.  I really wanted my cover to stay kind of flat so that it didn't take up too much shelf space, but I wanted it to be PRETTY!  Nirvana certainly helped there! 
 
 
Altered Notebook designed by Tonya A. Gibbs for MarionSmithDesigns.com  #altered #nirvana #scrapbooking #papercraft #MarionSmithDesigns #TonyaGibbs #Psychomomscrpabooks
 
 
I started with one of these notebooks from Target.
 
I gessoed the edges of the notebook, and painted it gold.  Then lined the notebook inside and out with the Nirvana Bliss & Documented papers.   I love how easy the cover came together with the Nirvana ephemera pages. 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya A. Gibbs

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! soooo excited to see these papers in the flesh -- just put in orders for more Nirvana and Mad Tea Party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love how versatile this line is. Well actually all Marion lines are really. Cannot wait to play with this line!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion