WOW - I can't believe this is the last page in my Gelli® Print Journal. It has been so much fun, working on this project all month. Each spread is dedicated to something that will help stimulate creativity . I have linked up the other posts below for you to reference.
Today's inspiration came from this quote "Create What Sets Your Heart On Fire" WOW - think about that for just a moment. If we center our creativity around things that excite us, our work goes from craft to art! Passion becomes evident in your work. I really wanted to enforce this thought by making my "heart" look as if it is ON FIRE!
I used the same paints as we have used all month, and stenciled the flames with the Diversions Die. I love the effect this has over the heart. I also created a "stamp" with a toilet tissue role to create the yellow hearts in my spread. They look like flames lifting out of the smoke. OH I'm SO LOVING THIS!
Here is a quick video showing how this spread came together.
Here are links to all the other spreads:
Our next Ustream is scheduled for July 6, 2015 at 8:30 pm. I hope you can join us live. Stay tuned for details as we get closer. Stay tuned in a few days I'll share with you a video of me decorating the cover.
Thanks for stopping in today:
- 8x10 Gelli Arts® Plate
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Craft Paint Various Colors:
Kiwi, Yellow Fame, Pink Parfait, Jack O'Lantern, Bimini Blue. White, Black
- Die-Versions Whispers Background - Hexagons
- Die-Versions Whispers Background - Morocco
- Die-Versions Whispers Background - Bubbles
- Cosmetic Sponge
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gel Medium
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pen - Pink Madder Lake #129
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pen - Black #199
- Marvy - Reminisce Gel Pen
- Sharpie - White Fine Point Paint Pen
- Hymnal Pages
- Folk Art - Craft Paint - Jamaican Sea