WOW - this has been a super exciting project. I've had so much fun bringing you page after page of this cute little book each week. But as we say goodbye to June, it is time for me to share with you my final entry with this project. The Cover!
Serious bright vibrant luscious sparkly goodness here SO many rich vibrant layers of color. Every thing you see here came from my "one hit wonder pile of scraps on my desk!" Clusters like this are an awesome way to purge odd and ends that seem to clutter up over time. Drizzle a little gesso and paint (even to your metal elements) and they suddenly looks as though they belong together.
We did the cover of the book in the Ustream class and pulled it on Muslin. Muslin is a soft thin cotton material that can be found at all fabric retailers. It comes in bleached and unbleached (a light tan color), and is usually inexpensive. In most cases, you can find it where the bolted interfacing and canvas is located. It is an awesome fabric for covers of your mini albums.
Here is a glimpse at the back cover for this book. Look at all those layers of paint and stamping. YUM YUM. For an added bit of sparkle, I sprayed Heidi Swapp's Gold Lame Color Shine on the covers.
It has been a blast sharing this project with you through out the month. Thank you for visiting week after week. I hope you can join me on July 6, 2015 for our next Ustream at 8:30 p.m. EST.
Here are the other posts in the book...
- 8x10 Gelli Arts® Plate
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Craft Paint Various Colors:
Kiwi, Yellow Fame, Pink Parfait, Jack O'Lantern, Bimini Blue. White, Black
- Die-Versions Whispers Background - Hexagons
- Die-Versions Whispers Background - Morocco
- Die-Versions Whispers Background - Bubbles
- Cosmetic Sponge
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Gel Medium
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® - Textural Accents - Glass Bead Glitter Gel
- Folk Art - Craft Paint - Jamaican Sea
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Glass Glitter Sterling
- Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Glass Beads
- Prima Marketing - Tiny Roses
- Dusty Attic - Geometric Border
- Stamper's Anonymous - Ultimate Grunge
- Martha Stewart - Butterfly Stamp
- Tim Holtz - Idea-O-logy - Pen Nibs
- Cheese Cloth
- Tim Holtz - Idea-O-logy Philosophy Tokens
- Flower Applique
- Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Colorshine