The challenge is to make a Prima layout using this sketch created by Marie-Nicolas Alliot:
My daughter got a new haircut yesterday, and took these pictures with her cell phone. I wanted to use these as my three pictures for the layout since she was making some cute sassy faces in the photo. To make the colors of the photos blend better, I decided to print them black and white.
I used the Prima Tea Thyme Marcella paper as my base for the layout. I didn't have a chevron so I decided to use a brick stencil with molding paste instead. To give the brick some color I sprayed it with Chocolate Dylusions Ink Spray (love the rich color of this spray), then for the sparkle a spritz of Glimmer Mist - Hot Chocolate. To mimic the ink splatters in the sketch I pounced a Black Soot Distress Stain onto the paper until the desired splatter was achieved.
I cut strips of the Tea Thyme 6x6 paper and curled it to give a base and frame for the photo. To soften it and add multiple textures, I used doilies, music paper, and linen canvas as well. To soften the edges of the photos I decided to use a few layers of Prima lace, and flanked each side with a journal spot from the paper collection to give a "ticket - tab" edge. Then I finished the layers with some chipboard pieces from Prima's Nature's Garden collection. For the flower I used one of the white flowers in the Prima Soubrette Collection then used my Tim Holtz Distress Pens in Spun Sugar and Mustard Seed to color the flower to match the Prima Classic rose buds at the bottom of the layout.
The Nature's Garden Chipboard was the perfect element to add my title. I used the Prima Romance Novel Canvas Alpha letters in two different colors to match the layout. The classic roses and cherry blossom vine from Prima were the perfect final touch. They remind me of trellis roses climbing a brick wall.
Don't forget that Flamingo Scraps has offered a fantastic coupon with 50% off your Prima purchase from now until December 25.
Thank you so much for stopping in today,
I wish you all a Merry Christmas & A Blessed New Year,
- Prima - Cherry Blossom Branch Collection - Flower Embellishments - White
- Prima - Nature Garden Collection - Chipboard Pieces
- Prima - Tea-Thyme Collection - Journaling Notecards Set
- Prima - Romance Novel Collection - Textured Stickers - Alphabet
- Prima - Say It In Crystals Collection - Self Adhesive Jewel Art - Bling - Mini Swirls - Romance Novel
- Prima - Soubrette Collection - Flower Embellishments - White
- Prima - Tea-Thyme Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Marcella
- Prima - Tea-Thyme Collection - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Prima - Cabachon Collection - Donna Downey - Lace - Natural
- Prima: Classic Roses
- Tattered Angels - Chalkboard Collection - Glimmer Mist Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - Hot Chocolate
- The Crafter's Workshop - 6 x 6 Doodling Templates - Mini Bricks
- Ranger Ink - Inkssentials - Dylusions Ink Spray - Melted Chocolate
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Marker - Mustard Seed
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Marker - Spun Sugar
- Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Stain - Black Soot