Christmas is right around the corner, and I've been working on Christmas Cards for my friends. I wanted to share this holiday card that I created using Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium in 8x8, and my new Tim Holtz Embossing Diffusers.
I used a standard 4.25 x 5.5 kraft card as my base. Then placed my embossing folder over the front of the card as you normal would do, but instead of using a top plate, I replaced the top plate with the Oval shaped Embossing Diffuser from Tim Holtz. This place actually prevents the embossing in the "Cut out" area. Then using an xacto knife and the place as a template, I carefully removed the center "non embossed area".
I then backed the hole with the Christmas Emporium paper and fussy cut the other elements from the unused sections of the page. The Poinsettia at the top was made using red velvet and a Spellbinder's Poinsettia Die.
I love the layered look of this card. There are so many rich details in such a small space.
Thank you for stopping in today,
- Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium 8x8 paper
- Ranger - Forrest Moss Stain, Gold Stickles, Gold Paint Dobber
- Sizzix - Tim Holtz Embossing Diffuser Set 1
- Provo Craft - Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders - Layered Poinsettie Die
- Martha Stewat Crafts - Holly Punch, Micro Beads
- Red Velvet Ribbon