Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sister's Love Mixed Media Layout

 
 
Hi everyone, today I would love to share with you a Mixed Media layout that I created using Prima's Songbird collection.   I took this photo of my nieces at Easter. Isn't it darling?
 
I loved the soft colors in the Songbird collection and wanted to carry that into my layout. 
 
I created a tree in the background using Whipped Spackle, and a wood grain stencil,  then used the Prima's Songbird Stamps to create the branches.   Stamping them in multiple generations gave me a great depth of field, and offered some interest to the negative space of the layout.   For added texture I also included some drywall tape to the tree trunk.
 
 
 
I decided to use the Songbird 6x6 paper pad, to create strips of tattered paper that will offer a platform for my floral spray and photo.  As I was creating it, the platform reminded me  of a tree house.  Prima's Valentine Vine and Kennedy Flowers offer a soft embellishment cluster to the side of the photo, and finish off my "tree" theme.  I added  a few Vintage Trinkets and Shabby Chic Treasures to create additional weight to the vine.   Once the layout was dry I created  a mixture of Crackle Accents, Crystal Glass Beads and Glass Glitter, then placed it in the negative spaces of the floral spray and under the photo frame.  This offers a touch of sparkle without a lot of bulk.   
 
Here is a glimpse at my finished layout.  
 
 
I have prepared a process video for you to enjoy...
 


 
 
 
I just love all the texture in this layout.  It  is going to look lovely on my wall.  Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya
 
Supplies for this layout:
Prima Marketing,  Valentine Vine - White
Prima Marketing - Kennedy Flowers
Prima Marketing - Finnabair Art Ingredients  Glass Glitter Sterling
Pirma Marketing - Finnabair Art Ingredients - Glass Beads Crystal
Prima Marketing - Song Bird Collection Mosaic 12x12 paper
Prima Marketing - Song Bird 6x6 Paper pad
Prima Marketing - Shabby Chic Treasures - Metal Bird Cages #890858
Prima Marketing - Shabby Chic Treasures - Resin Fly Away #891480
Prima Marketing - Vintage Trinkets Flowers 4
Prima Marketing - Romance Novel Canvas Alphabets
Prima Marketing - Distress Tool
Prima Marketing - Songbird Stamps
Prima Marketing - Wheat Jute
Prima Marketing - Jodie Lee Designs - Fairy Bell Cling Stamp #950248
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Whipped Spackle
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gesso
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Stamper's Big Brush Artist Pen #199 Black
IndigoBlu - Flitter Box Kit
The Crafter's Workshop Mini Wood Grain Stencil
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Fuzzy Navel Peach
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs - Tres Chic - CafĂ© Au Lait
Ranger Ink, Archival Ink in Jet Black
Ranger Ink, Alcohol Ink Pitch Black
Jacquard Products - Pearl Ex Pink Gold #643
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, saw this on FB and just had to come check out the closies. :-D It's such a beautiful layout and I love the way you did the stamping on either side of the stencil. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tonya! Once again my mind is blown! What a beautiful layout. I would have never thought of using the chipboard to get the different heights and dimension and instead would have spent $$$ on pop dots and the such. Cant wait to try this out! Thank you for always thinking outside the box and for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous and precious Tonya!! Loved seeing the video and watch you work magic!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion