Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Prima DT Call Submissions

Hi everyone, I'm excited to share with you today, my Prima Design Team submissions.  I had a lot of fun creating these projects, and wish all that submitted the best of luck!

Project 1:
I loved the soft colors in the Songbird collection and wanted to carry that into my layout. I created a tree in the background then used the Prima's Songbird Stamps to create the branches.   Stamping them in multiple generations gave me a great depth of field, and offered some interest to the negative space of the layout.   For added texture I also included some drywall tape to the tree trunk. I decided to use the Songbird 6x6 paper pad, to create strips of tattered paper that will offer a platform for my floral spray and photo.  As I was creating it, the platform reminded me  of a tree house.  Prima's Valentine Vine and Kennedy Flowers offer a soft embellishment cluster to the side of the photo, and finish off my "tree" theme.  I added  a few Vintage Trinkets and Shabby Chic Treasures to create additional weight to the vine.      

(click images to enlarge) 
 
Once the layout was dry I created  a mixture of Crackle Accents, Crystal Glass Beads and Glass Glitter, then placed it in the negative spaces of the floral spray and under the photo frame.  This offers a touch of sparkle without a lot of bulk.
 
 
Here is a process video of me creating this layout:

 
 
Project 2:
Mixed Media Chalkboard  -  Hope is the Anchor.   For this project, I used Prima products to decorate the anchor on the side of the chalkboard. 
 
(click images to enlarge) 
 
I found this Chipboard anchor and thought it would be great to alter it for the side of the frame.  I decided to add elements to the anchor that represent the quote on the chalkboard.
 
I started by covering my anchor with Prima's  Jodie Lee Nature Garden Collection Fairy Godmother"  the b-side.  I then began to add color and texture by spritzing the anchor with Prima's  Color Bloom sprays Antique Gold  & Storm Cloud  then I added Utee to the top and heat set.  I love how my anchor now looks like corroded metal. 
 
(click images to enlarge) 

 
To represent "time" in the quote.  I decided to Use the Prima Finnabair Mechanical Clock with a Prima Wooden clock inside.   The ship on Prima's Seashore stamp is adorable!   I decided to create a 3D ship using this stamp. I stamped it on sticky backed canvas, and chipboard several times, then used foam strips to assemble pieces until I had a great 3D effect.   Isn't this ship just the cutest?  It would be adorable on a layout or card as well!  To keep the canvas from fraying I brushed a quick coat of Gel Medium over the top. To finish off my anchor I added the Prima Cherry Blossom Vine (removing the flowers), the Capri Merlot Burlap Flowers and the Oahu-Hula flowers.   To fill in around the clusters, I added some shells that I recently found on a trip to the beach.  I love how the flowers mimic the texture found in the shells. I used the Finnabair Art Ingredients Mica Flakes Gold Leaf to fill in the negative spaces around the shells and flowers. 
 
 
Project 3:
Fairy Bell Shabby Chic Mixed Media Mini Album. My base album is the Prima Canvas album.   I selected the Prima Fairy Bell collection because it has lots of spring elements and maintains my Shabby Chic style. Nestled on each page, are a collection of Prima embellishments including flowers, canvas resist pieces, butterflies, trinkets, metal, and trims.  I also gathered some random supplies of misc.  lace, burlap, muslin, doilies, hymnal pages, and vintage book pages.   I kept everything in soft neutral tones, so that the colors of the Fairy Bell papers could become dominate.  
 
click Images to enlarge
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for this opportunity to try out. 
Additional projects can be found in my online gallery at Scrapbook.com
 
Other Projects I've created with Prima products:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion