Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Digital Lesson 5 - Mix & Match to create Hybrid Layouts

As I continue my digital series, I wanted to share with you how traditional scrapbooking supplies and digital files can compliment each other to create gorgeous layouts.  My niece Emily is the subject of today's project.   I created a hybrid layout using Marion's new Printed Paper Collection Nirvana - hitting retail stores in just a few weeks, and her digital line Scarlet

Most companies now offer digital products that compliment their printed pieces. If you stick with the same artist or brand, you will find that different collections compliment each other.

I've been creating lots of products over at the Design Team blog for the past few months with the Nirvana line, and scraps are starting to pile up.  So last weekend, I made this beautiful tag using Tim Holtz' large tag as my base. By itself - the tag is just gorgeous!  But notice that Notecard dead center looks a little empty? Well....

Tag created by Tonya A. Gibbs  from scraps of the Nirvana Line by Marion Smith Designs.  #marionsmithdesigns #nirvana #tag #papercraft #scrapbook #psychomoms #TonyaGibbs

It was designed to be an embellishment on a layout.  A place to house all of my "layers" as well as my Journaling.

Hybrid Layout created by Tonya A. Gibbs  from scraps of the Nirvana Line by Marion Smith Designs and the Digital line #Scarlet by #marionsmithdesigns #nirvana #tag #art #papercraft #scrapbook #TonyaGibbs #Psychomoms

Here was my problem.  I love the Nirvana line and it would have been awesome to use for the layout too, but I had a limited supply.   Since I only had protypes of the Nirvana line, I reached into my "digi" stash designed by Marion Smith and found that her digital line Scarlet was the perfect marriage.



Rolled Rose created by Tonya A. Gibbs using Marion Smith Designs Rolled Rose Printable. #Printable, #TonyaGibbs #Psychomoms #MarionSmithDesigns #hybrid #digital #papercraft


I also decided to use Marion's Rolled Roses. Again these roses have designs that are neutral and nicely compliment both lines.
 
I love that I was able to use my scraps to create the tag. Even better that the tag adds layers of goodness, journaling and titles to my sweet Emily Layout.

How do you use your digi/printables to compliment your paper craft projects?  I would love to see some of your designs, please share them with me in the Artsy Addicts Facebook group - make sure you tag me.

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomomscrapbooks.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion