Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Take Flight Layout - Happy Birthday Brittany!

Today is my daughter, Brittany's 20th Birthday.   I'm so proud of her.  She has blossomed into such a beautiful, caring, and happy young woman.   When she enters the room you never know what to expect. She could speak to you in French, or just start singing - you just never know.  I wanted to showcase her fun spirit on a layout this year for her birthday. Teresa Collins' Memorabilia line is so elegant that I thought it would make the perfect backdrop for my formal black and white photos.  During this photo session she was twirling around and singing to me.  It was such a fun day!
 
 
 
The note cards in this line are pefect!  This one says "Always be Ready To Have the Time of Your Life."  This just seemed to be the perfect advice to give a 20 year old.  The only thing missing is "and take lots of photos!"     I wanted to add a little glitz to the layout - so I used the gold sequins from the collection, along with splatters of gold ink from Liquitex.
 
 
 
Here is a process video of me putting the layout together...

I used the Stamps from Teresa's Sweet Afternoon collection as additional accents. I loved the saying on the stamp set. Spread Your Wings, Take Flight. I felt that it really conveys the thoughts a mother has for her 20 year old, and the butterfly gave the perfect touch. I stamped it on vellum and layered two on top of each other, so that they have depth.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
Resources for this layout:
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Quotes
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Frames
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - 6 x 6 Paper
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - Layered Stickers
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - Sequins
  • Teresa Collins - Sweet Afternoon Collection - Stamps
  • Liquitex - Iridescent Bright Gold Ink
  • Color Box - SurfaceZ Ink - Caribbean
  • Color Box - SurfaceZ Ink - Chocolate
  • EK Success Labels Punch
  • We R Memory Keepers Angel Punch
  • We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile
  • Twinery - Aqua Twine
  • Idea-ology - Tim Holtz - Word Plate
  • Idea-ology - Tim Holtz - Crown
  • Idea-ology - Tim Holtz - Tiny Attacher
  • Velum
  • My Favorite Things Stamps - Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon
  • Lace

1 comment:

  1. I love all your little details. It's a beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion