Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Amber - Ombre Style Layout

I stumbled across this photo that I took a year ago of my Niece Amber.  I decided to use it for the Prima BAP contest for August. When chosing the color pallet for the layout - I wanted to play off her name Amber and chose an orangish/amberish tone.   I've been really inspired lately by the "Ombre" style  (Note: Ombre is a French word meaning "Shaded") where you create something monochromatic that starts with the richest value and fades into the lightest value. I thought the Songbird collection would be perfect for incorporating my color choices as well as the sketch.
 
 
 I love how the branches on the printed paper, lead your eye back down to the soft focused photo of Amber. To enhance the sunburst and add a few layers, I used my Silhouette to cut a doily shape from a sheet of Flights of Fancy Prima paper that has the Fruit of the Spirit written all over it. This is one of my favorite sheets and has been in my hoard vault for years. The floral spray also sends your eye back to the journaling that flanks the burst of linen. I painted one of the Prima Shabby Resin birds with Worn Jeans, and Shabby Tote Prima Chalks and perched him over the title.
 
 
 
Since the sketch used a sunburst as the focal point I decided to rip linen into small strips and soak it in Pumpkin Color wash on one end and then let it fade to a more watered down wash on the other end. After it dried, I spray the entire linen piece with gold glimmer using a Prima Floral screen. This gave a subtle pattern to the rich orange tones. I used some molding paste and circle stencil on the linen with a Prima Hexagon stamp to give a little depth.

 

 

Here is the sketch designed by Prima's Marie-Nicolas Alliot. 
 
 
 
 
I love how this layout turned out.  It has lots of details but still maintains the integrity of the sketch.  Did you participate in the Prima August BAP?  I would love to see your entry, please post them on the Artsy Addicts Facebook Group Wall and make sure to tag me so I see it.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion