Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blowing Kisses Layout


Last week at the high school football game, my cute little niece,  Addie, was standing in the end zone blowing kisses.  I used the picture on a layout that was inspired by Jamie Dougherty's Live with Prima last Thursday night.  I learned some new techniques and thought it would make a nice follow up to my Ustream class.
 
 
From Flamingo Scraps:   Prima: Songbird and Almanac Paper, Vine, distress tool, Flowers, Trinkets. Liquitex: Gesso, Liquitex Molding Paste.  Other: Twine, stencil, charcoal pencil, ribbon, charms, and corrugated card board.
 
I started by distressing all the edges with my new Prima Distress tool.  (LOVE THIS).  To soften the background, I brushed white gesso over the paper, and then used molding paste to add texture.  This is a great way to soften busy or bright patterned paper.  Gesso was also added to some of the layers to try and merge them back into the background.  This technique really helps the photo take center stage, and also makes the smaller photo appear larger.
 
 
I was able to incorporate a lot of scraps from the Almanac collection, and you guys know how much I love using scraps. I cut banners from scraps, and used small pieces of scrap paper to frame around the picture.   Jamie's technique of having the banners travel vertically and horizontally throughout the layout, really make the layout dramatic and serve as arrows leading your eye back to the photo. This is definitely going to be used in more of my future projects.
 
 
While I often cut my vines in half, rarely do I arrange them diagonally, usually mine are in more of  a L shape, horizontal or virticle.  I love how all the elements appear to be drawing your eye back to the center fo the layout.  I incorporated scraps of small vines and leaves from previous projects in the negative spaces of the vines.  Again - love using up those small pieces.   
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion