Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Card

I wanted to share with you today a card that I created with the Graphic 45 Ladies' Diary paper collection.  I LOVE the vintage look of this paper, and thought the stamped image would be beautiful colored with my Distress Markers by Tim Holtz.



These markers are a bit tricky to color with, but I think the image turned out beautiful.  I used the Ranger Stamping Paper for the base.  Then used Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet to color her dress.  To achieve the shading I just put a small amount of water on the paper before applying the ink.  Then I spread the ink with a water brush, and tapped the excess water away with a paper towel to keep the paper from buckling.  Here is a close up of the girl.


In this photo, you can see the Prima Cabbage roses were also painted with the Tim Holtz Spun Sugar pen,  I put streaks of color onto the roses then used the water brush to spread the ink around.  This technique gave the flowers a variegated look.


 
Here is a video of me demonstrating how to use the Distress Markers to color this image.




Do you have the Distress Markers?  If so, how are you using them.
Thanks for stopping in today.

Tonya Gibbs


Resources:
  • Graphic 45:   Ladies' Diary "Moment in Time" paper, Lady's Diary Stamp No. 6
  • Prima: wooden clock, cabbage roses, mini roses
  • Ranger: Tim Holtz Distress Markers:  Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet (Dress & Hat), Aged Mahogany (Hat), Tattered Rose (Skin), Pumice Stone (shadow), Scattered Straw (background)
  • Gelly Roll - Crystal Star Glitter pen (hat), gold pen for buttons.
  • lace
  • black card stock



1 comment:

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion