So, after the conversation with the friend, I decided to use what I had in my stash to create this 8x8 layout. But I wanted to take it one step further and use a tool or stamp that I've never used that has been in my possession for at least a year or more.
NOTE: Part of my journaling is missing from the layout, because I'm mailing it to someone to add to a book, and I would like that to stay private.
So the Telephone is the thing I've had for years and never used it was a Sizzix Original Die that I bought on clearance for $2.00. Had to HAVE IT - You hear me? And have never ever used it. I love how it looks with the Almanac paper from Prima. JUST Gorgeous. I cut it from black chipboard then used UTEE to make it shiny.
Take a closer look at the handle to the phone I fussy cute that element from the paper then fused it to the die cut with UTEE. Love how it looks engraved.
You can really see all the layers in the close ups I used papers from scraps, and papers from 6x6 pads that I've been hoarding.
My photo and journaling is hidden behind the telephone. The phone is held closed with a magnet.
Do you have things in your stash that you "had to have" but have never used? I challenge you to take those items out and use them on a project.
Contest - Announcement:
Use something in your stash that you have had for a long time and have never used. For everything new on the project there must be at least 1 thing that is old (It can be scraps, or hoarded product). But you are not allowed to BUY anything to create the project.
Create a blog post or Video Response (on the video above). Link to the blog post here or send me a PM on YouTube with the link to your post. In you post make sure you reference the following:
- This blog address, or the my YouTube Channel and the link to the video above.
- Make sure you show the item that has been in your stash for a while and never used, and highlight all the other older products.
- Submit your project videos/blog post links to me prior to Sept. 1 MIDNIGHT EST.
- A winner will be selected sometime that week - randomly from all submissions.
Thanks for stopping in today & good luck!
- Prima: Almanac Paper 6x6, Reflections Paper: Shalimar, Fairy Belle Paper, Almanac - die cuts, Flowers, Distress Tool.
- My Favorite Things: Bracket Tab die
- Tim Holtz: Ideaology - Number Plaques
- Sizzix: Telephone #2 Original Die
- Ranger: UTEE
- Martha Stewart Leaf Punch
- Twine, Rhinestones
- Bazzil Black Card stock
- Sewing Machine
- Recollections Washi Tape Silhouette Lady