Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Cottage Chic Mini

Marion has done it again, her Cottage Chic mini is absolutely gorgeous. I finished mine this week. I wanted to keep mine simple because I want to have plenty of room to write all over the book, and decorate the pages as I fill it. 



In mine - I included a few pages from the Prim Rose mini that were printed on transparencies.  I love how the transparency looks against all of the notebook lines. 




Each of my signatures has 3 sheets. The first sheet is the cover provided in the download, with the journal lines (also provided) printed on the back.  The second is a double sided page of lines I used the ones from the kit, and I also used the filler page from the Prim Rose book with the roses on it for the back. For the third page,  I printed the cover pages a second time. Once the book was bound, I formed interesting pockets from this page by cutting slits in the pages, before gluing them together.



This is one of my favorite pockets.   I had printed my covers on canvas, but didn't like the look after they were printed.  So I decided to use the printed canvas as a pocket liner.  I really love how this mistake turned out to be fab.  It gives a great texture to the book.



Here is a video walk through of my mini.



Want More Inspiration?

Marion shows how she made her covers on Ustream - Click here to watch

Marion - did a Video on YouTube for another method for binding. Click here to watch Marion's Video.

Oh one more thing before you go... Did you hear "Marion & Garett are giving away a color laser printer. Details can be found in her YouTube video linked above.

Can't wait to see your versions of this mini. Please make sure you tag me in Artsy Addicts if you create one.

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs http://www.psychomoms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion