Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, June 15, 2012

New Arrival - Smash Entry

My Sister in Law is expecting her 3rd child, and Aunt Tonya is so excited.  Babies just have a way of making me all gooshie inside.  Ms. Emily will be niece number 8 for me.  I always joke around and say that I'm a grandmother "In Training".  My goal is to be  "Everything" to all of them.  I want them to beg to come see me.  You just can't spoil them too much.

I noticed a trend that is different from when I was having babies 16 years ago, and that is Pregnancy photos.  When I was pregnant with my kids - I never thought to do these photos, and I wish I had.  Kelly's friend Liberty Nobles photographed her pregnancy photos, and I wanted to make a simple little *Smash Spread.   I recently made Kelly a mini album to store these pictures using Prima's new Sunkiss line.  So I had all these scraps that needed to be used.


Except the flowers - everything on this page was a scrap.  The Rub On, on the left page was a scrap from Daisy Dee and has been in my stash for YEARS!  I took the scraps of the Sunkiss paper and pieced them together to create a lovely background.  Then the tiny little scraps I punched a bunch of butterflies to scatter all over the top of the page.   The New Arrival is an old title transparency that I've had for YEARS from Heidi Swapp. The flowers are Prima's small Eline flowers again - they have been around for a couple of years - and I added buttons in the centers of them.  I used an MFT die to cut small doilies from scrap white paper. Then I cut the doilies in half to border the pictures.  Emily is the new baby's name, and I used an old set of chipboard letters.


On this page, I kept with the same theme, but I used some scraps of lace for the picture border on here. 



I just love how these two pages turned out.  I really loved working with the Prima Sunkiss line, and the fact that they took these pictures in a field of yellow flowers - made it perfect.

Do you *Smash?  I find it rewarding to use my scraps and left over embellishments in my *Smash journals.  It feels so good to being able to purge so much at one time.

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion