Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Art Journal Share

The Artsy Addicts Facebook page has been filled with mixed media and art journal projects for the past few weeks. I just love seeing the things that are being created.

Art journals are nice because they provide you with a creative outlet with no agenda. It is a place to play with techniques or mediums.  No rhyme, reason, or objective - JUST CREATIVE PLAY. It is nice  to  have a space to sit and play.

Today, I was inspired to share with you my favorite pages in my art journal. This page was a collage of things that were on my desk. LOTS of scraps, things I fussy cut, and never used.


This is a closer look at the top.  The paper on this page is my favorite Prima paper of all time - Flights of Fancy.  All I had left of it were the tiny scraps, so I decided to use them as my base.


Here is a glimpse at the bottom of the page...


Unintentional at the time, but I decided to write down all the things that I love. Like Fried Chicken, Butterflies, TH Film strip - I hope he never stops making this, Clocks,  Keys, and vintage images. Then as I began doodling I started writing in things that came to mind - like Psalms 23, I shall never fear, I'm alive, and Time is now to give thanks. There are so many textures, colors and elements to this page, I can literally sit and stare at it for hours.

This is a much simpler layout but just loved the theme.  "You & Me" was inspired by the Daisy rhyme "He Loves Me - He Loves Me Not".



I used the stem of the daisy as a time line - and the broken petals represent the loves me loves me not game that young girls often play when they grab a daisy.  Daisies are one of my all time favorite flowers.  I just love them, they always looks so fresh. 

Keep sharing your art journal pages, I love seeing the creative play.

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion