Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Masculine Card using April Challenge by Tonya Gibbs







  Today I thought I would share with you a masculine card using the April Sketch Challenge.  By making a few extra adjustments, I was able to convert this feminine sketch into a masculine card. 


For today's card  I used a combo of washi tapes from Teresa Collins Designs Memorabilia and You Are My Happy Collections.   Since my washi tape selection had a horizontal pattern, I decided to change the orientation of the card from the original sketch. TIP:  Rotating a sketch can give the sketch a new look! 






I created clusters that combine the sequins from the Teresa Collins' Family Stories and Memorabilia Collections with the Tiny Stars Wood Veneers from Studio Calico. Substituting the star shapes instead of the heart offered a more "masculine" touch to the card.   The sentiment was a stamp from Fiskars' All Year Cheer Cling Mount Stamps, and Teresa Collins Designs' Memorabilia Enamel Dots in black nicely filled in the negative space under the sentiment.  


Another substitution that offered a more masculine feel was replacing the doily with a few nesting cuts from the Spellbinder's Labels 18 die.  I tried to find a labels die in my stash that best matched the pattern in the washi tape.  In this layer cluster, the background was cut from a scrap piece of 7Gypsies corrugated paper. For the next layer,  I covered a scrap of cardstock with the blue washi tape before die-cutting. All these layers offered a beautiful depth of field for my sentiment. 



I hope I have given you a few ideas of how you can multipurpose sketches to fit your masculine needs. 

I hope you guys have time to participate in the April Sketch Challenge.  There are only a few extra days left. There have been a few submission.  To see them check out the LinkZ app at the bottom of this linked post.  

Thanks for stopping in today, 

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion