Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, May 4, 2012

My Baby is Graduating

Warning - this post may cause tears. Grab tissues before reading further...
This month has been super emotional for me. Brittany my oldest is graduating from high school on June 1, and there are so many emotions running around inside me. I am so happy with the woman that she has become. She has been taught everything she needs to know to soar, but sad that she will stretch those wings and leave the nest.

Last week I took her Cap & Gown pictures and I believe that was when it hit me. She's growing up she will soon embark on a new beginning. I know she will be around, but she takes that step into adulthood and a step closer to her independence. She's super talented, smart, fun, and dependable so I know the world will embrace her.

Through all of these emotions, I started thinking about creating a layout for the "posed" photos that are often not so fun to play with. I didn't want to use the typical "graduation" theme paper, so I settled on Prima's Printery Collection. It has a lot of elements that you will find in your daily high school life: clocks, keys, script/text, and words like "memories". The neutral colors lend themselves to any direction or theme.

To spruce up the background, I decided to use some stencils and texture paste, I used the brick stencil in the left corner, and a number stencil in the upper right and bottom left, and a Prima Rose stencil to frame the center of the layout. Then I spritzed the layout with Jack Frost Glimmer Mist to add the blue to compliment her cap and gown.

The bridge is symbolic of her cross over into another phase of her life. I found a dictionary page with the word "jazz" and used the Printery chipboard pieces for Song and Chorus - since those words seem to define her high school interests. The clock symbolizes her time of passage. The 2012 is a piece of confetti I got from a party store, and it represents her class year. The Prima sprays offer the softness and purity. The Key is to her future, and I hope she has the faith to unlock her dreams. Her photo was framed in this beautiful ornate frame from Melissa Frances.



The hidden journaling includes a quote from a Mark Harris song - "Find Your Wings" the quote is....
"I'll have tears as you take off, but I'll cheer as you fly."

Thanks for stoppping in today,
Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com


Sources:
  • Prima: Printery Paper, Valentine Vine White, Printery Masks, Printery Chipboard, Say It In Pearls & Lace boarder, wooden clock, wooden banner, Printery canvas key, Shabby Chic resin piece - bridge.
  • Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist - Jack Frost
  • My Favorite Things: doily die
  • Melissa Frances: ornate frame
  • Golden: Texture Paste
  • Maya Road: wooden ruler
  • Misc. Lace, script vellum envelope, 2012 confetti, twine, dictionary page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion