Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Monday, March 27, 2017

Four Cards One Stamp Set - For Yvonne Blair Designs



Watercolor Card Tutorial by Tonya Gibbs for Yvonne Blair Designs

Hi everyone happy Spring!  I hope my friends in the North are ready to thaw out and start thinking of  warmer days.  Today I want to share with you another idea for busting up that scrap pile, and creating a few wonderful cards in the process. 
 
I stumbled upon this wonderful watercolor artist on YouTube Jay Lee and followed a beginner tutorial for creating tulips.  Here is the tutorial.   
 
Reaching into my scrap bin, I pulled out a few scraps of watercolor paper that are left over when I trim down my large pad to create card panels.  These smaller pieces are great to practice techniques such as brush strokes. I followed Jay Lee's tutorial and created some of my own tulips.  I have to admit that mine are not as wonderful as Jay Lee's, but I will keep practicing. The practice panels that I decided to keep, I wanted to create cards to showcase them.

Watercolor Card Tutorial by Tonya Gibbs for Yvonne Blair Designs

I used the Card Sentiment stamp set by Yvonne Blair and Impression Obsession. As always I have linked it to the IO store, but check with your local retailers first.


After these beauties had a chance to dry, I reached into my stash and found an old paper collection from Webster's Pages.  This was a set of 6x6 papers from 2004 called Perfect Motifs.  I recommend going through your own collection of papers and finding something similar. I chose a floral pattern,  and coordinating solid that matched one of the colors in my flowers.  Then paired it with a soft blue cardstock that has been in my stash for a long time.


Since each floral pattern has a different look, switching up the sentiment and patterned papers helps make the cards look unique while maintaining consistency as a group. 

Watercolor Card Tutorial by Tonya Gibbs for Yvonne Blair Designs


To keep the card making part simple and fast, I chose one card layout for all my cards. I wanted my cards to stay somewhat simple and flat so that they could easily be mailed.  I spent all that time watercoloring so my flowers needed to be the main focus of the card. 

Here is a process video of me walking you through the process of me painting the panels and making one of the cards.



These would make a great gift set, or awesome cards for the spring.  You could also substitute out the sentiment for a Mother's Day sentiment if you would like to get a jump start on Mother's Day. 

Thanks for hanging out with me today, I hope I have inspired you to pull out your watercolors and practice a few brush strokes.  Jay Lee has inspired me, and I encourage you to check out this awesome channel for great watercolor tutorials. Then burn through a stash of scrapbook paper, and make a few cards to share with your friends and family.  Share what you make with me in social me using the #YBArtGirlFun so that we can see what you have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion